Kranenburg Council is keen to draw shoppers from its highly successful retail park to its pretty High Street and Market Square. We were asked to make proposals to revitalise the area, helping to improve trading conditions for local shops. In partnership with Zijaanzicht, we focused on improving walking conditions of the area, including:
- Advice regarding improving walking routes between the retail park car parks and the high street
- Inventarisation of current street clutter and advice on realignment of pavements, cycle routes and bus lane
- Review of car parking policies, including town-wide parking counts and proposals for alternative arrangements for high street and town square parking
- Overall vision for future High Street and Market Square usage
The City of Bremen is running a competition for the refurbishment of its historic Domhof square. The underground shelter under the square will be utilised as an underground bike park and routes to the square will be redesigned for sustainable travel, prioritising public transport, cycling and walking. We are providing Bureau B&B mobility advice for its design regarding their entry into the competition.
- Advice regarding walking routes across the square
- Advice regarding cycle routes to and from the square, with special focus on the desired entries/exits of the proposed underground bike park
- Advice regarding the public transport corridors to and from the square and its integration in the new design
The City of Mülheim an der Rur is considering changes to its main traffic corridors Dickswall and Tourainer Ring to improve conditions for walking and cycling and to enhance living and visiting conditions for its city centre. The city council asked The Dutch Cycling Embassy for input and inspiration. We are delighted to provide advice to Mülheim Council on behalf of the Dutch Cycling Embassy.
- Hosting of council delegation in Nijmegen and Houten, The Netherlands
- Running inspiration sessions with examples of sustainable mobility city design, relevant for Mülheim council
- Advice regarding alternative design for the Dickswall route, favouring public transport, cycling and walking and balancing this with motorised transport
- Advice regarding alternative sustainable usage of the Tourainer Ring viaduct and redirection of current traffic flows
Design of the express cycle route Cuijk-Mook-Nijmegen, based on the highest quality. The route itself had already been established, but there were still various issues at the local level that needed to be further developed in more detail.
- Design of the route, shape and materials
- Cultural-historical and landscape integration
- Attention to traffic safety, speed differences, crossability and the space for pedestrians
- Supervision of the implementation process
- Work included gaining support from different stakeholders at the public and private levels
Analysis of the current situation and proposals for the new mobility network. Loendersloot was responsible for the pedestrian and cycling elements of the plan.
- Master Plan
- Redevelopment of the harbour area
- Measures to achieve a climate neutral future
- Incentivize and increase the use of environmentally friendly means of transport
- New network combining all modes of transport, prioritizing active mobility
Traffic paragraph for the zoning plan of a development consisting of 455 new homes: Insight into the mobility effects of the proposed building program to the surrounding area and the city of Eindhoven.
- Encourage and increase the use of environmentally friendly modes of transport
- Proposal for new cycling and pedestrian routes
- Shared mobility options for bicycles and cars
- Parking balance for bicycles and cars
- New traffic intensity, traffic distribution, and consequences for the mobility network
A Colombian delegation visited the Netherlands to participate on the Intertraffic exhibition in Amsterdam and learn from Dutch best practice.
- Team members Ruben Loendersloot and Nathana Parise spent one day with the group, guiding them (by bike!) through the streets of Utrecht to show them in practice what they have already learned in theory.